You cannot appeal a Fully Favorable Decision. However, you can appeal Partially Favorable and Unfavorable Decisions to a place called the “Appeals Council” (“AC”).

You must appeal (ask for review) in writing (using Form HA-520-US, Request for Hearing Review), within 60 days of receiving the Notice of Decision. (In counting the 60 days, SSA will assume that you received the Notice five days after the date on the Notice unless you can show that you received it later.) You should send it directly to:

Appeals Council, SSA/OARO
5107 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22041-3255

You can obtain the Form HA-520-US online HERE, or you can get it from your local SSA office, or local hearing office, or by calling SSA’s toll-free telephone number (1-800-772-1213).